MSC CHEMISTRY COLLEGES | M.SC. CHEMISTRY COLLEGES IN DEHRADUN
Programme Summary Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B Sc with CBZ/ PCM with 45% marks in aggregate. Course contents: Organic chemistry, analytic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, spectroscopy and chromatography, etc.
Program outcome (PO):
• To have sound knowledge about the fundamentals and applications of chemical and scientific theories.
• Every branch of Science and Technology is related to Chemistry.
• An ability to apply knowledge of important laboratory techniques, methods, and instrumentation.
• An ability to design and execute new chemical experiments, good laboratory practice and proper handling of chemical to successfully complete a research project.
• Easily assess the properties of all elements discovered.
• Apply appropriate techniques for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of chemicals in laboratories and in industries.
• Will become familiar with the different branches of chemistry like analytical, organic, inorganic , physical, environmental, polymer and biochemistry.
• Helps in understanding the causes of environmental pollution and can open up new methods for environmental pollution control.
• Develops analytical skills and problem solving skills requiring application of chemical principles.
• Acquires the ability to synthesize, separate and characterize compounds using laboratory and instrumentation techniques.
• An ability to broaden their foundations through activities such as teaching, internships, and fellowships.
• An understanding of professional responsibility and ethics in Chemistry.