RAMMAN FESTIVAL - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The “Ramman” festival, organized on Baisakhi in village Salud-Dungra of Chamoli district, is introducing the multicolored art and culture of Uttarakhand to the whole world.
- In “Ramaan”, various episodes of Ramayana, a mythological and historical saga are performed through dance drama. UNESCO has declared “Ramman” a World Heritage Site, it is a matter of pride for all of us Uttarakhandis.
- The “Ramaan” festival organized in Salud-Dungra village is related to the folk deity Bhumiyal of Uttarakhand.
- Bhumiyal Devta is the god of justice. In Uttarakhand, there has been a tradition of conducting collective worship of the Bhumiyal deity during the harvesting period since mythological times. Even in Salud-Dungra village, before the “Raman” festival, the Bhumiyal deity is worshiped with full rituals in the families for three days.
- Culture is from nature, along with protected nature, all citizens have to enrich the culture as well, only then the social life will be called developed and happy.