G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (NIHE) is a premier autonomous Institute of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. The Institute is a focal agency to advance scientific knowledge, to evolve integrated management
strategies, demonstrate their efficacy for conservation of natural resources and to ensure environmentally sound development in the entire Indian Himalayan Region (IHR). The Institute works under decentralized set-up with its Head quarters at Kosi-Katarmal (Almora), Uttarakhand and through Regional Centres at Srinagar-Garhwal (UK), Kullu (HP), Pangthang – near Gangtok (Sikkim), Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh), Leh (Ladakh) and 6th unit in Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change at New Delhi as Mountain Division. The Institute is looking for dynamic and suitably qualified individuals of Indian Citizenship, who are willing to work in IHR, to fill up the following post: -
For General conditions regarding qualification, experience, pay scale and age for scientific positions, please see Appendix II.
Place of work: Headquarters or any of the Regional Centers of the Institute; selected candidate is liable to be posted anywhere in India.
1. Only those candidates willing to undertake extensive travel in Himalayan region need to apply.
2. Mere fulfilling of a minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements DO NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for Interview/Written test. The candidate should, therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents.
3. The cutoff date for determining the age, qualification & experience of a candidate will be the last date of receipt of application.
4. The number of the vacancies and/ or reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS may vary. Proforma for EWS, OBC, and ST Certificate to be submitted along with application by the respective candidates is given at Appendix-III, IV and V respectively. Form of declaration to be submitted by the OBC candidate (in addition to the community certificate) is given at Proforma I.
5. All the applications received within due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and only the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee will be called for Interview/Written test and Technical skill test. The decision of the NIHE on short-listing will be final and the NIHE will not entertain any correspondence in this regard. NIHE shall not be responsible for any postal delay. The candidate will have the choice of giving Interview/Written test and Technical skill test in Hindi Rajbhasha.
6. The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee for Scientific Post will be called for interview and the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee for Technical Post will be called for written test and technical skills (lab & field) test.
7. Age, qualifications, experience and other requirements for any post may be relaxed, at the discretion of the Institute, in respect of candidates otherwise exceptionally qualified.
8. Persons working in Central/State Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel within due date. Such candidates are advised to submit advance copy of application, through their employer.
9. Relaxation in age limit will be allowed as per the Govt. of India orders applicable from time to time.
*Age relaxation up to 50 years applicable to candidates having 10 years or more work experience in the Himalayan region.
10. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/ area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted with effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
11. TA will be paid to candidate called for Interview/Written test and Technical skill test as per norms.
12. Incomplete applications in any respect or submitted not as per the prescribed Proforma or received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
13. If at any time before or after the selection of a candidate, it is found that any information is suppressed or false, his/her selection will be liable to be rejected or cancelled.
14. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Interim enquiries will not be entertained.
15. Application fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 500/- should be paid for each post separately in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Director, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (NIHE), payable at Almora,. Payments of fee from any other mode shall not be entertained. No fee will be charged from SC/ST, PwD & female candidates.
16. The Organization shall not be responsible for postal delays. Incomplete applications/ unsigned or applications received after due date will not be considered. Bringing in any influence, political or otherwise shall be treated as disqualification. No interim enquiries will be entertained.
17. The appointment of the selected candidates is subject to being found medically fit as per the requirement of the Institute.
18. The Institute shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by a candidate during the tenure of his/her service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her service shall be terminated and legal action maybe initiated against such candidates/employees.
19. The Institute reserves the right to not to fill any of the advertised positions.
20. Appointments will be governed by the relevant service rules and regulations of the Institute as amended from time to time.
How to Apply:
The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as ―Application for the Post
____________________________ (please mention the post you wish to apply) indicating the specific
category of post reservation (i.e., OBC/SC/ST/EWS/UR). For example Candidate applying for OBC
category will super-scribed ―Application for the post of ___________(OBC). Interested candidates
should submit their application typed on A-4 size paper as per the prescribed proforma given at
Appendix-VI and VII along with attested copies of mark sheets, certificates, degree, etc. and Demand
Draft (if applicable) to the Director, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment
(NIHE), Kosi-Katarmal, Almora – 263 643, Uttarakhand under sealed cover through registered/ speed
post so as to reach by 2
nd January 2023. Applications (advance copy) from Indian Nationals living
abroad may be submitted by due date through e-mail (email@example.com), followed by post upto 16th
Important Links :
Download Advertisemnet : https://gbpihed.gov.in/PDF/Recruitment/Rec_Doc1670932524Advt_walkin_22_Dec_22_HQ.pdf