The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) , Dehradun - Advertisement for Engagement of 78 Project Personnel
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of wildlife research, teaching and training. The Institute invites application from the Indian nationals for the positions. Details of the positions along with essential and desirable qualifications, brief description of work, age criteria and monthly fellowships are given in Annexure-1.
1. Country Level Assessment of Status of Tigers, Co-predators and Prey and their Habitats in India: Since 2006, the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) in collaboration with the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) has been conducting a National level assessment for the "Status of Tigers, Co-predators, Prey and their Habitat" every four years based on a scientific methodology approved by the Tiger Task Force in 2005. The project aims at assessment of tigers, other predators, major prey species, habitat qualities and human disturbance parameters in all potential tiger occupied landscapes spread over 20 states in the country.
Project Associate – I (Genetic Component) (07 positions), Technical Assistant (50 positions)
2. Rangewide estimation of River dolphins: As a part of "Project Dolphin" initiative, a range- wide status of population and habitat of river dolphins and other associated biodiversity was carried out in Ganga, Brahmaputra and Indus river system. The main objectives of the project was to estimate River dolphin population in its entire distributional ranges, estimation of the other associated fauna in the river dolphin ranges and assessment of its habitat and anthropogenic pressure throughout the range. This was first of its kind as it was a pan India survey for estimating Ganges and Indus river dolphin population in its current distribution range.
Project Associate –I (GIS Component) (02 Position), Project Associate-I (Ecotoxicology) (02 Position), Project Assistant (River Ecology) (05 Position), Project Assistant (Riverine Associate Fauna) (03 Position), Project Assistant (Art and Animation) (2 Position), Project Assistant (Ecotoxicology) (2 Position), Scientific Administrative Assistant (1 Position).
3. Securing threatened habitats of mountain ungulates: Mountain ungulates hold a key position in the functioning of an ecosystem. They are the primary consumers in grasslands, influence vegetation structure, plant species community, nutrient cycling and as prey regulate wild carnivore populations and therefore are critical for the conservation of an ecosystem. However, due to increasing human population, they face immense competition for resources from livestock populations. Increasing habitat loss and fragmentation, and poaching, threaten the very survival of these species. Existence as a meta-population in a landscape, along with suitable habitat availability,
ensures the long-term persistence of a species. The project will be in Arunachal Pradesh.
Junior Research Fellow (1 Position), Project Assistant (01 Position)
4. A comprehensive study on the Ecology and Population Status of a human commensal – the House Sparrow Passer domesticus in the Uttarakhand State: The project will investigate the population status and ecological factors affecting occupancy and abundance.
Research Assistant (2 position)
MODE OF SELECTION
1. Selection for project personnel will be based on an online written essay and/or multiple-choice questions (MCQ) followed by a personal interview conducted through video conferencing.
2. The online written exam will be for 45 minutes and comprise of a 350-word essay based on the knowledge of Ecology, Conservation Biology, Sampling techniques, Life Sciences, Conservation Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, GIS, Remote Sensing, Geo-informatics and their application in wildlife conservation and other relevant conservation issues.
3. The candidates who qualify the written test will be notified through our website (www.wii.gov.in) and email for the personal interview.
4. The written test is of a qualifying nature and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the personal interview. The final selection of the candidate will be in accordance with the performance in the interview and in order of merit as decided by the Interview Committee.
5. All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of joining for necessary verification. If there will be any discrepancy in the document submitted at the time of verification, the selection of the candidate will be cancelled.
1. The entire process for registration shall be “Online”. Details for online registration and test will be hosted on the WII’s website (http://www.wii.gov.in/) under recruitment section.
2. All candidates are required to apply online. Online submission of application will be allowed through the given link upto 23:59 hrs. on 06th October 2022.
3. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are required to visit link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA, fees etc. carefully.
4. Applicants/candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 500/- per project.
5. Each applicant will be allowed to apply for not more than TWO posts per project.
6. All eligible interested candidates are advised to follow the latest updates on WII’s website (http://www.wii.gov.in/) under recruitment section for online registration link, etc.
7. Candidates will be required to enter their personal, educational and professional experience profiles online besides uploading a recent passport size photograph.
1. Examination (Essay) shall be conducted on 16th October 2022.
2. Examination will be conducted online, the link with other details will be provided by email and on website.
3. Candidates who have applied for two positions will attempt the exam only once.
4. Late submission will not be considered and incase of multiple submission, test submitted within the mentioned time period will be considered for evaluation.
5. Detailed instructions about the procedure will also be communicated via email to the selected candidates.
1. Mere fulfilment of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirement DOES NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for written test / interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, mode of selection will be final and binding
on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual or his / her agency.
2. The fee paid once, will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility norms including educational qualification(s) as on date of submission of the application can apply.
3. Mobile phones, calculators or any other communication devices are not allowed during exam. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination conducted by the Institute.
4. Candidates not in possession of final year mark sheet will not be eligible to apply.
5. At the time of the verification of original documents or even after selection, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be taken.
6. Age relaxation: Relaxation in upper age shall be allowed in accordance with the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) OM NO. 1501282/2010-Estt.(D) dated 27.03.2012 as amended from time to time. However, the categories of upper age relaxation are as follows:
a. Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and women candidates up to 5 years.
b. Other Backward Class (OBC) up to 3 years.
7. The Director WII, reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.